The Spice of Life is variety, or so they say. In this mod, you get diminishing returns when eating the same type of food. So, for instance, if you were to eat a pork chop, you would get the normal 4 hunger points and saturation level. But on the next pork chop you eat, you will only get 3 hunger points and a lower saturation level to match. This will continue until pork chops give you barely anything, at least until you add some variety to your diet and eat a few different foods. With this said, it’s plain to see where the name came from for this mod.
The Spice of Life is compatible with Hunger Overhaul, as well as a handful of other mods that add custom food items to Minecraft, but you should be careful with the second mod type. This mod is good for newer players too, because it will display the hunger and saturation values for food items if you hold the SHIFT key while your cursor is hovering over them. These values will update as you eat more or less of the same food, lowering and raising as appropriate based on your diet. This is a nice mod overall.
The Spice of Life Mod Installation
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Open Minecraft launcher then select Forge profile.
- Find your .minecraft application folder:
On Windows, open Run from the start menu, type
%appdata%\.minecraft\and click Run. On Mac, open Finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Place The Spice of Life Mod into your Mods folder. If you don’t have one, create it now.
- That was all, enjoy!
The Spice of Life Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 Download Links
- We do not host any Minecraft mods on our website!
- We do not modify or edit the files in any way!
- The download links are updated every 3 days so you alway get the last version!
- If you have any problem, please leave a comment below and we will help you.