Want to create a nice little garden, but the vanilla trees are just too big and wild? Install the Bonsai Trees Mod by Davenonymous and make a nice little garden!
What is the Mod About?
Bonsai Trees Mod adds a block called the Bonsai Pot that grows small trees in two block spaces. The bonsai pot can be used on many saplings, and the tree that grows in the pot can be harvested or broken. Bonsai pots can also be upgraded to Hopping Bonsai pots that can automatically drop items into a nearby inventory. The Bonsai Pot also supports many modded trees, including the ones in Forestry, Harvestcraft, and Industrial Craft 2!
Should You Install it?
The mod helps automate the harvesting of wood and tree-related goods and is also quite beautiful. We highly recommend installing the mod.
How to Get Started
- Craft a Bonsai Pot and place it somewhere with at least one block of air above it.
- Get a compatible sapling and right-click it on the Bonsai Pot.
- Watch it grow.
- You can then optionally harvest the tree by right-clicking it with an axe or breaking the block. The Bonsai Pot itself only breaks when there is no sapling growing at the moment.
- You can also upgrade your Bonsai Pot to a Hopping Bonsai Pot, which automatically drops the items into inventories below the Pot. This might be disabled in the config, though.
- Use dyes to color your pot. Just right-click the pot while holding any dye. This works on normal and on hopping pots.
- A particular soil might be needed for some of the trees. And the different types of soil provide different boosts to the growth of your Bonsai. It is recommended to use JEI to look up compatible saplings and available soils. Waila and TheOneProbe will show what sapling is growing on what soil and its progress.
Insert a hopper into one of the upgrade slots to make the Bonsai Pot automatically export all harvested items into the inventory below. This is not needed to extract the items in a different way, e.g. you can also place the hopper or some piping below the pot.
Insert any kind of axe into an upgrade slot to make the Bonsai Bot automatically cut the tree for you once it’s fully grown. But be aware that items that do not fit into the output buffer will be voided. You can enchant the axe with Efficiency, Fortune, and/or Silk Touch to get additional upgrade benefits!
Some of the things a tree produces require a Silk Touch upgrade. You can either put an enchanted axe or an appropriately enchanted book into one of the upgrade slots. This does not prevent you from putting additional Fortune Upgrades into the Bonsai Pot.
Increases the number of rolls and chance for each possible drop. The higher the level, the more items you get and the higher the chance of getting uncommon drops.
Reduces the time it takes for a bonsai to grow fully. The higher the upgrade level, the faster the growth.