Do you often get lost in Minecraft, and the Minecraft Map and compass just don’t cut it anymore? Then you might need an excellent Minimap mod!
Xaero’s Minimap mod is a Minecraft modification that adds a simple yet highly functional minimap at the side of your screen while maintaining the excellent vanilla feel. Created by username xaero96, the mod is the first rotating square map in Minecraft and has many other features to suit your exploration and navigating needs.
What the Mod Offers
As with other Minimap mods, this one has tons of features. However, Xaero’s Minimap boasts having smoother performance and the aesthetic feel and look of vanilla Minecraft.
Modes for Balance and Style
Some minimap mods are game-breaking as it destroys the balance and removes the exploration challenge. However, this mod features a Fair-Play mode that does not display entities and cave maps which is suitable for PVP servers. The mod also has two color modes depending on the style you want.
Item Binding for the UI
The minimap UI display at the beginning of the game is a minor OP. But with Xaero’s Minimap, you can bind the minimap display into an item – displaying only when the chosen item is held. A perfect bind for the compass!
This excellent minimap mod has many toggle options, like locking the position of the map so it won’t rotate, displaying chunk grid and slime chinks, and many more. You can even change and adjust the mobs that can be displayed on the map and show or hide other players.
Death points and Waypoints
If you want more guidance in navigating, you might want to add some waypoints for your character to follow. Similarly, death points are automatic waypoints that are created upon the character’s death. Helpful when trying to recover that precious diamond sword!
The mod is designed with compatibility in mind. Hence, the mod has a very useful Edit Mode, allowing users to adjust the minimap’s UI however they desire – making it compatible with almost all UI-changing mods.
Should You Install Xaero’s Minimap Mod?
Many minimap mods offer the same thing. And although it all comes down to preferences, the Xaero’s Minimap does deliver what it sets out to show – A minimap that looks and feels like vanilla Minecraft. There are many instances where we thought it was a built-in Minecraft function and forgot it was a mod. The mod is very user-friendly, and the additional Fair-Play mode provides a nice balance in servers where knowing the location of other players is crucial and unfair.
- Aesthetic feel and look of vanilla Minecraft.
- Runs smoother than most minimap mods.
- 2 mod editions: full and fair-play. The full version does not have any limits. Fair-play version does not display any entities or cave maps which is more suitable for public PVP servers.
- 2 color modes: Vanilla, which uses the colors of vanilla Minecraft maps, and Accurate, which uses the colors of block textures.
- Terrain texture customization.
- Compatible with Xaero’s World Map and can use the chunks loaded by the world map instead of its own.
- Limit your Minimap usage by binding it to an item you’ll need to have in your Hotbar for the minimap to show up. For example, add minimapItemId:minecraft:compass anywhere in the config file to bind it to compass.
- Multiple languages.
- Ability to lock north.
- Works both above and underground.
- Togglable chunk grid.
- Togglable slime chunks mode.
- Cave maps.
- Waypoints. Infinite amount. Can be teleported to (permission needed). Press B to create a new waypoint. Press U to list all the waypoints.
- In-game waypoints. Waypoints will also be visible in-game. It can be disabled.
- Death points. An automatic waypoint is created on each death.
- Displays mobs on the map as yellow dots. Customizable in the settings. Hostile and friendly mobs can be colored differently.
- Displays players on the map as white dots or player heads. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays items on the map as red dots. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays all the other entities, such as arrows and item frames, as purple dots (Different types of entities can be disabled in mod settings). Customizable in the settings.
- Zoom in and out keybinds (I and O).
- Coordinates under the minimap.
- Current biome under the minimap.
- Configurable settings. From minimap size to entity amount. Press Y ingame to open.
- Edit mode, which lets you move the minimap wherever you desire.
- Compatible with the Better PVP Plugin for Bukkit servers.