Improve your Minecraft experience by adding some cool client-side Tweaks with Client Tweaks mod by mod developer BlaytheNinth.
What the Mod Offers
The mod alters and tweaks many parts of the game that can be enabled or disabled depending on the player’s will. The mod affects hot bar interaction, effect particles, master volume slider, underlined chat words, step assist, climb the ladder, potion shift, offhand item, and more. All changes in this mod can be configured in-game with the mod options screen.
Should You Install It?
The mod adds some beneficial changes to the Minecraft client. The mod is also compatible with any server.
Right-Click to Place Torch from Hotbar
- Tinkers’ Construct just added offhand harvesting, which is amazing but will take up the offhand slot.
- When enabled, right-clicking with a pickaxe or hammer will place a torch from your Hotbar where you’re looking.
Offhand Torch Options
- No Offhand Torch With Block
- This option will refuse to place a torch if you’re holding a block in your main hand. Because there’s no way, you intended to place a torch in that case. Something was just standing in the way of the spot you wanted to place that block in, but the torch was fitting since it was smaller. Fixed it for you.
- No Offhand Torch With Empty Hand
- You know that feeling when you’re tired, try to open the chest but misclicked the block next to it? And, of course, you still had a torch in your offhand. And, of course, it placed it. And now you have to break it again. Ugh. This option only allows torches to be placed when your main hand is not empty. This can be enabled in additionally to the above.
- Offhand Torch With Tools Only
- This will only allow placing torches from the offhand when you’re holding a tool. No more accidental torch placement ever again.
Hide Own Effect Particles
- This option will make your own potion effect particles a lot less obtrusive for your client. Other players will see them normally. No more annoying particles blocking your view.
Master Volume Slider in Options Screen
- Yes, the new volume settings screen is cool. But couldn’t you have kept the Master Volume slider on the main settings screen as well? Saved you a click.
The underlines look terrible in Chat.
- This will strip all underlines (from e.g. links) in chat because they look way too crammed and cover up other letters.
No one uses 3d Anaglyph.
- Try clicking the 3d anaglyph button in a big pack.
Disable Step Assist (with keybind)
- There are people who hate step assist, me included. But sometimes those step-assist granting items add some other cool perks that we want. So this option lets you disable the step-assist part only. With optional keybind to toggle.
Auto Jump was a Mistake
- Well, what do you think this option does?
Auto Climb Ladder
- With this tweak on, you will continue to climb upwards as long as you look upwards while on a ladder. That means you can type in chat and do other things without instantly falling back down and losing all of your progress on the long journey back to the top.
Disable Potion Shift
- It prevents the inventory from being shifted to the right when potion effects are active. You probably never noticed because NEI did it in 1.7.10 and now Quark does it in 1.10.2+ and then there’s also a mod called No Potion Shift that does it, but in case you have none of these, you now have this.
Hide Offhand Item (with keybind)
- This will prevent the item in your offhand from rendering. In case you hate seeing the torch you’re carrying on the left. This one can be toggled by a hotkey too, in case you only hate seeing your offhand item sometimes.