Sound Filters is a simple client-side mode created by the mod developer under the username Tmtravlr. The mod aims to improve immersion by changing how sound behaves.
What the Mod Offers
The mod effectively makes Minecraft more immersive by adding a reverb sound effect to caves and muting various sounds when the source is behind a wall. The mod also muffles any sound when the player is underwater.
How to Install Sound Filters Mod 1.18.1 / 1.17.1
The mod only requires the modding API Minecraft Forge to work. To properly install the mod, follow the simple steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Navigate your way to %Appdata%.
- Locate the ‘.minecraft/mods’ folder.
- Put the downloaded file to the mods folder inside Minecraft directory.
- Have fun!
Should You Install It?
Since most of the time spent while playing Minecraft is inside caves, the mod significantly improves the game’s immersion level. We highly recommend to install this mod and try it out for yourself.