Minecraft doesn’t have triple A graphics, however, because it is built with Java technology, it still demands a ton of resources for your PC. If you are one of the players who suffer from low frame rate while playing Minecraft, then you might want to consider installing this mod to remedy the problem.
BetterFPS Mod is a simple Minecraft mod that adds a few performance improvements while maintaining compatibility with other mods.
What the Mod Offers
The mod changes some vanilla aspects of Minecraft so that it won’t consume as much memory as it should, while trying to replace some codes to make the in-game processing more efficient. All improvements and changes can be enabled and disabled separately in the config file or in the in-game mod option if Minecraft Forge is installed.
Memory Pre-allocation Removal
Minecraft has a 10 MB RAM pre-allocation for users who doesn’t have enough memory to start with, and for those who plan to use heavy or many mods. However, for most players where memory isn’t a problem, this will make Minecraft consume more memory than it should. This mod will remove the pre-allocation so the system can make use of the RAM more efficiently.
This mod changes the sin() and cos() algorithms that will affect how efficient the game will process its data. These changes will affect both client and server -side of the game.
Many Minecraft particles create unnecessary strain to the user’s processors, one example is the fog generation of the game. With BetterFPS, you can completely remove the fog, beacon beam, and other particles that might affect performances.
There are several Minecraft codes that are left unoptimized and this mod tries to address and remedy the problem. Currently, the mod alters and optimizes the codes for beacon and searching to prevent lag spikes from happening.
BetterFPS Mod Showcase
How to Install BetterFPS Mod 1.17.1 / 1.16.5
The mod is both available as a standalone modification, and as part of a mod pack via Minecraft Forge. To install the mod as a standalone. Follow the steps below.
- Download the mod installer from below buttons.
- Open the installer via Java application and click “Install”.
- Change the installation path, version, or profile as preferred.
- Play Minecraft and enjoy the extra FPS.
For the Forge version of the mod, follow these steps.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Play Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to create the necessary folders.
- Download the mod from below buttons.
- Copy the downloaded file.
- Go to the mods folder inside Minecraft directory.
- Paste the file inside the mods folder.
- Run Minecraft with Forge.
- Enjoy the extra FPS boost.