Stop newbies and new players from bypassing early games and getting straight into the Nether with Restricted Portals Mod by John816.
What is the Mod About?
The Restricted Portals Mod requires players to craft certain items before allowing the player to enter other dimensions like the End or the Nether. The mod is highly configurable and is created mainly to stop people on Multiplayer servers bypassing early game, but it can also be used for other reasons.
Should You Install it?
The mod is helpful on massive multiplayer servers and can restrict access to various portals by binding access to an item. If you are having trouble controlling players from accessing portals made by others, we suggest installing this mod.
This mainly is to stop people on Multiplayer servers bypassing early game, but it can be used for other reasons.
Current Configuration Options:
Currently, the mod has the following config options:
- Crafted Items (list of items that must be crafted before entering the dimension)
- Dimension Names (list of Dimensions)
- Dimension IDs (list of Dimension IDs)
- Blocked Message (%item% for the required item and %dim% for the dimension as per the example)
- Crafting Message
- Item to Unlock the End – Removed in 1.8
- Item to Unlock the Nether – Removed in 1.8
- Use keys rather than Items specified above – Removed in 1.8
- Consume Items rather than craft (Right-click on a portal with the Item) – Removed in 1.13
- Portal Block White-list for Consumable Items (comma-separated block list) – Removed in 1.13
These are comma-separated as stated and are formulated “modID:itemName” as per the default value or, if metadata is required, “modID:itemName:meta” otherwise, all meta values will give the achievement. (Meta removed in 1.13)