Use the Ping tool from Portal 2 to Minecraft in this useful futuristic mod by dmillerw – Ping Mod!
What the Mod is About?
Inspired by Portal 2, this mod attempts to replicate the feature in a way that’s useful to Minecraft world. With this mod installed, you can send a ping by simply holding down the “F” (or “V”) key. A ping will be sent to everyone in the current dimension so other users can see it. The mod is also highly configurable and many aspects of the mod can be disabled.
How to Install Ping Mod 1.18.1 / 1.17.1
The mod requires the modding API Minecraft Forge to work. To properly install the mod, follow the simple steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Navigate your way to %Appdata%.
- Locate the ‘.minecraft/mods’ folder.
- Put the downloaded files to the mods folder inside Minecraft directory.
Should You Install it?
Ping is a great mod that suits well for mod packs with advanced technologies. However, it may not fit Minecraft’s vanilla theme.