Vanilla Minecraft is too easy. Even with no moonlight or torches, you can still see inside of the cave regardless of your gamma setting! The Hardcore Darkness Mod by mod developer Lumien, changes all that.
What the Mod Offers
Hardcore Darkness Mod makes it extremely dark in places with no light source. This makes torches and other light sources a necessity for survival and navigation. The mod also features many options in the config file including Dark Nether, Dark End, Dark Twilight Forest, Alternative Night Sky Light, and Dimension Blacklist.
How to Install Hardcore Darkness Mod 1.18.1 / 1.17.1
The mod requires the modding API Minecraft Forge to work. To properly install the mod, follow the simple steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Navigate your way to %Appdata%.
- Locate the ‘.minecraft/mods’ folder.
- Put the downloaded file to the mods folder inside Minecraft directory.
Should You Install It?
The mod makes night times and caves a lot darker than it used to. The game is perfect for players who want the extra challenge and immersion.