Make Minecraft more realistic and extra challenging with this survival-based mod called Tough as Nails. Created by mod developer GlitchFiend and his team, the mod aims to make Minecraft increasingly difficult.
What the Mod Offers
The mod aims to increase Minecraft’s realism and difficulty by adding various survival aspects like thirst and body temperature. The mod also has several new features that tie into the two new systems. The mod also features a very realistic season mechanic that shifts through time.
Upon installing the mod, you will also notice that your health bars will max out about halfway in the vanilla. To get extra heart bars, you must use lifeblood crystals to permanently increase your HP.
How to Install Tough as Nails Mod 1.18.1 / 1.17.1
The mod requires the modding API Minecraft Forge to work. To properly install the mod, follow the simple steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Navigate your way to %Appdata%.
- Locate the ‘.minecraft/mods’ folder.
- Put the downloaded file to the mods folder inside Minecraft directory.
- Have fun!
Should You Install It?
The mod makes Minecraft a lot more challenging and realistic. This mod is for hardcore survival players who find vanilla Minecraft not challenging at all.