Although villagers are so boring and one-dimensional, finding an NPC village in Minecraft is still nice. It offers to trade, a good source of food, a bunch of empty homes to take your pick from, and more, which is why years after they were implemented, people are still looking for these massive villages full of dull villagers. But with mods like Minecraft Comes Alive, it’s possible to make villagers much more realistic. They can talk, for starters, which is fantastic if you’re one of the many Minecraft players who are tired of hearing vanilla villagers’ hushed grunts and groans.
It’s not like they have long-winded conversations with you, but simple greetings and farewells sound much better than the “Hnh, Hrrhh” the villagers typically make. The Minecraft Comes Alive mod is about more than just making villagers talk. Villagers get identities with randomly assigned names and male and female genders. Besides trading with them, you can have a friendly chat, ask villagers to follow you, or hire them to perform various tasks. You can even give them gifts if you like, leading to this mod’s next big part.
The Minecraft Comes Alive mod lets you marry villagers as long as they like you enough to commit. There is no big ceremony or anything, so if you hate weddings, don’t let that stop you from trying out this aspect of the mod. The main perk to marriage in this mod is getting access to children who will perform all kinds of chores, much like the other grown villagers, except their tasks are more specific to helping your home specifically. These children will eventually become adults, and they can then get into their marriages.
But what if marrying a villager sounds boring? Well, Minecraft Comes Alive adds a marriage option that can bind two different players together too. They might as well have called this the marriage mod since there’s so much going on here. But the ultimate goal of Minecraft Comes Alive was to make villagers more immersive and interactive, and it succeeded pretty well in doing that. Also, it’s worth noting that villagers already modded by other mods won’t be affected by MCA villagers, and those who are can still be traded with like usual, so no function is lost; they do more for you.
Interact with Completely New Villagers
- Adds 13 new professions.
- Over 500 different skins.
- Each villager is male or female with a unique name.
- An interaction menu allows for a high degree of control.
- Talk to villagers, tell jokes, give gifts, and more.
- Trade using the default Minecraft trading system.
- Build a relationship and marry any villager.
- Have a baby boy or girl with the villager you marry.
- Babies grow into children who can perform chores.
- Children can mine, farm, cut trees, and hunt for you.
- Over time, children grow into adults.
Create Your Own Stories
- Villagers live their lives as you play.
- Your children can grow, get married, and have children of their own.
- Interact with villagers having a multitude of personalities and moods.
- Watch your villages grow before your eyes.
- Villagers will interact with each other, get married, and have children.
Play a Reimagined Minecraft Multiplayer
- Marry and have children with other players in multiplayer.
- MCA easily integrates into a server environment.
- Full control over mod features for server admins.