Make swamps biome a lot more terrifying or get yourself a pet turtle with this wonderful mob mod called Reptile Mod!
What the Mod is About?
Reptile Mod by mod developer crackedEgg, adds several reptile mobs to the game. The mod adds a total of different reptiles ranging from pets, friendly animals, to dangerous predators. The mod adds 13 different reptiles, 3 crocodiles, 3 turtles, 5 monitors, and 2 lizards.
Reptile Mod Showcase
How to Install Reptile Mod 1.18.1 / 1.17.1
The mod requires the modding API Minecraft Forge to work. To properly install the mod, follow the simple steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Navigate your way to %Appdata%.
- Locate the ‘.minecraft/mods’ folder.
- Put the downloaded files to the mods folder inside Minecraft directory.
Should You Install it?
Although the mob models are not that good (as compared to other mobs), the new mobs are all quite good as they fit the vanilla Minecraft theme. Most of the mobs are also biome-specific so it wouldn’t look unnatural.