Pistons in vanilla Minecraft is a bit lacking and lackluster, the Funky Locomotion mod by RWTema fixes that by adding a new piston that has various effects!
What the Mod Offers
The Funky Locomotion mod adds an advanced variant of the vanilla piston. The new advanced piston can push a wide variety of blocks including heavy blocks like obsidian and soft blocks and objects like torches and Redstone dust. This new feature alone opens up a wide array of Redstone and building possibilities.
The mod also adds frames, as well as other items and blocks like pushers and pullers with varying effects.
How to Install Funky Locomotion Mod 1.18.1 / 1.17.1
As with all the other Forge-based mods, the Funky Locomotion mod requires the modding API Minecraft forge to be installed first in order to run. To properly install the mod, follow the steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge at least once to generate the necessary folders and close Minecraft.
- Download the Funky Locomotion mod using the link below.
- Navigate your way to %appdata%.
- Go to ‘.minecraft’ folder.
- Copy the downloaded mod file to the mods folder inside your Minecraft directory.
- Play Minecraft with Forge and have fun!
Should You Install It?
The mod adds a new piston component, a pusher and a puller block, and frames that add new ways of building contraptions and opens up new possibilities.