Ever wanted to see what’s the buzz behind the wall, but don’t want to take the risk and destroy it? Then check out this XRay mod and avoid unnecessary danger and movements while mining!
Advanced XRay mod is a utility mod created by username aokmikey. The mod features a simple and clean UI for adding, deleting, and editing blocks you want to see, and want to become transparent. The mod is pretty simple compared to other XRay mods, but it makes it lightweight and compatible with almost all other Forge-based mods.
What the Mod Offers
Just like the mod title suggests, the Advanced XRay mod allows players to see through various blocks and obstacles – useful when mining and looking for that rare diamond ore. The mod offers a simple way of adding and editing blocks displayed by a clean UI. The user-friendly UI allows players to edit the list of blocks they want to see when the XRay mode is turned on. The mod features an RGB Based color selector for a full-color range, an easy editing and deleting tool, a functional searchable list layout, and wonderful ore dictionary support.
How to Use the Mod
The mod is fairly simple to use and even simpler to set up. Once the mod is installed, all you need to do is play Minecraft, open the setting, go to the controls and edit the button used to open the Advanced XRay GUI and the button used to toggle the XRay Overlay on and off. Opening the mod’s GUI will allow the player to edit the ores on the list and the other blocks, while the Overlay toggles the XRay mode.
- Build on Forge & Fabric.
- Simple and Clean UI For Adding, Deleting, and Editing the blocks you want to see
- RGB Based on color selector for full-color range.
- Simple UI to add new blocks from a Searchable List layout.
- Easy Editing and Deleting of blocks.
- Searchable list of blocks you’ve added
- JSON store for the blocks you’ve added. Easy to edit and share!
- 8 blocks
- 16 blocks
- 32 blocks
- 48 blocks
- 64 blocks
- 80 blocks
- 128 blocks
- 256 blocks
- Open XRay Menu – “Z“;
- Toggle Xray ON/OFF – “BACKSLASH“(\);
Change by selecting a key in Options ->Controls
How to add a custom ore?
- Open the XRay menu by pressing the “Z” key on your keyboard.
- Click on the “Add Ore” button.
- Select the block you want to use as a new ore.
- Write the ore name, and select the color (RGB format, you can use the RGB calculator to get the fast color that you need).
- Now, just press the “Add” button, and you are done!
Should You Install Advanced XRay Mod?
Xray mods are like a cheat skill when it comes to playing survival Minecraft, but there are countless times when you will need one. Although it is a helpful mod to have around, using it too much will break the game’s survival aspect. However, if you don’t mind such things and just want to build and have fun with the game, then this mod fantastically delivers what it set out to offer. The mod is especially useful when you are a builder in creative mode, as it allows you to see through your creation and look around for faulty Redstone settings, block placement, and more. As compared to the other XRay mods, this one is pretty straightforward and features one of the most user-friendly GUIs.