Additional Resources mod is a Minecraft API designed to add loose resources to the game without needing to install a texture pack. Created by username portablejim, this mod can be used by aspiring mod developers.
What the Mod Offers
The mod creates a new directory that allows mod developers to add their own resource packs along with their mods. The mod is mainly designed for mods that have user-defined content that needs to be loaded as a resource. In itself, the mod does not have a GUI.
How to Install Additional Resources Mod 1.18.1 / 1.17.1
The mod requires the modding API Minecraft Forge to work. To properly install the mod, follow the simple steps below.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Navigate your way to %Appdata%.
- Locate the ‘.minecraft/mods’ folder.
- Put the downloaded file to the mods folder inside Minecraft directory.
- Have fun!
Should You Install It?
If you are planning on creating a mod that might use user-defined content, then you might look into installing the mod.