Shaders come under a variety of names and seem to be made by many different authors, but the underlying goal of each is the same – to make Minecraft look like a more realistic and believable game through the use of shadows and lighting effects which don’t appear in the vanilla client. Minecraft has always been a simple game at its heart and these kinds of visual improvements will seem like blasphemy to some players. Others long for a world that looks more, well, real. Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders mod might be a good choice for you if you want the best shader pack around.
Like Sildur’s Shaders mod, Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders mod 1.13 claims the original GLSL shader mod as its roots. Both of the mods used GLSL as a foundation before going their separate ways, you see. The only bad thing about this particular shader pack is that it isn’t suitable for use with the latest version of Minecraft. This pack relies on the GLSL shader pack being installed, and that only works with Minecraft versions up to 1.7.5, so anyone using the latest version of the game is just out of luck here. You could always dial your client back a few versions if you really want to use this mod.
With that said, there are lots of other shader mods that don’t require you to use an older version of Minecraft, or to have other software installed to support the mod. Knowing this, you might want to just avoid this one and go for one of the others. If you’re fine using an older version of Minecraft though, this is still one of the best shaders around, even if newer ones have popped up. Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders (SEUS) for Minecraft 1.13 includes realistic shadow effects – taller buildings and structures produce longer shadows than shorter houses and structures.
This might not sound like a big deal, but if you happen to be playing in a cityscape or building one of your own, just look around without this mod installed, get a good memory for all the sights there are to see, then try reloading the map with Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders pack enabled. It’s a lot like the difference between night and day, the shadows are so pronounced. It is worth noting that this pack won’t work with Macintosh computers, so if you want to use it, you need to be using a Windows operating system to make it work.
Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod Installation
- Download Minecraft Forge first, Forge API is to connect mod and Minecraft together.
- Download Optifine 1.13, which is essential to use a shader and optimize shader effect.
- Download the SEUS Shaders Mod from below link. It is 100% safe to download!
- Have shader downloaded, type: %appdata%/.minecraft/ on PC file manager, reach the file .minecraft, then establish another folder named “shaderpack”, drag the shader you have downloaded into this folder.
- Open Minecraft Launcher, choose Forge on “Profile” option.
- Choose “Option” in the Minecraft interface, click “video setting”, choose “performance”, then shut down “fast render”.
- Then turn back to “video setting”, click “shaders”, now you can choose shader that you installed.
SEUS Shaders Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 Download Links